For last month’s data, check out the February recap article.
- I publish one article each day on LinkedIn.
- That article is soon republished on Medium, and on my personal websiteMichaelLuchies.com. Due to the advice of other writers, I have been selectively republishing articles due to concerns of being flagged as duplicate content and being left out of Google search results.
- For the first month, I published the majority of articles from 7-8am CST. In February, I published nearly all of the articles in between 12-1pm CST. In March, I tried to publish articles as early as possible, but was unable to publish early in the day on many occasions. For April, I will publish at night, when there is less activity on LinkedIn, but also less traffic.
- The articles are promoted on my LinkedIn page, Twitter page, and Facebook fan page.
- I only promote the LinkedIn post, not duplicate content.
Starting this Month
Thanks to feedback and questions from other writers following my work, I’ve decided to track all of the time put into the daily articles. This information will give me insight on views per time spent, and additional metrics that may be of interest to others.
The Stats (As of 4/1/2015)
Article Statistics on Linkedin (March statistics in bold)
- Total reads: 11,687
- February: 5,847
- January: 9,102
- Average views per article: 377
- February: 208.82
- January: 293.6
- Highest views: 3,780 – Transitioning from Broke Freelancer to Happy Entrepreneur
- Lowest views: 20 – 4 Takeaways from Bluesmart’s Brian Chen #TakeawayTuesday
- February: 32 – Introducing TrepRep
- January: 23 – Focusing on What Matters: The Value of a Virtual Assistant
- Total likes: 839
- February: 495
- January: 617
- Average likes per article: 27.06
- February: 17.68
- January: 19.9
- Highest likes: 264
- February: 54
- January: 136
- Total comments: 125
- February: 75
- January: 208
- Average comments per article: 4.032
- February: 2.68
- January: 6.71
- Highest comments: 20
- February: 6
- January: 46
- Followers went from 1,701 on February 28 to 2,025 on April 1
- 19.05% increase
- February: 1,524 on January 31 to 1,701 on February 28
- 11.6% increase
- January: 1,062 on January 1 to 1,524 on January 31)
- 43.5% increase
- Followers went from 133 on February 28 to 161 on April 1
- 21.05% increase
- February: 119 on January 31 to 133 on February 28
- 11.76% increase
- January: 99 on January 1 to 119 on January 31
- 20.2% increase
Website – MichaelLuchies.com
- Total website visits went from 1,164 to 1,540. Per day visits went from 41 to 49
- 32.3% increase
- February: 1,323 to 1,164. Per day visits went from 42 to 41
- 12% decrease
- January: 669 to 1,323
- 92.8% increase
- Followers went from 694 on February 28 to 726 on April 1, 2015
- 4.6% increase
- February: 646 to 694
- 7.4% increase
- January: 561 to 646
- 15.15% increase
What would you like to know about my 365-day publishing journey? Please comment below.
Michael Luchies is the Founder of TrepRep, Director of Content Programming forPursuit, Interview Editor for Under30CEO, Entrepreneurship Lecturer at Illinois State University, Co-Host of the Entrepreneurs on Campus Radio Show, Trepidemic Co-Host, TEW 2 contributor, and writer of all things entrepreneurship. Connect with Michael on Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Michael is publishing 365 times in 2015. To find out why, read the first post of the year here!